Friday, September 17, 2010

Projects Update

Funny how quick the time goes! I had great intentions of updating here weekly about my adventures in freelancing but (haha!) haven't had the time! I had almost three months off before getting a part-time job, which has given me a really lovely balance of time to do the things I love, and money to pay the bills.

Here's a quick run-down of what I've been up to:
  • Translation - my freelance project is nearly finished! Yup I've almost translated a whole book!! It's been a really brilliant experience and very interesting.
  • Music - Still writing and recording, I wrote quite a bit of new stuff early in the summer and some of it is on myspace. Hoping to finish another album this year - I have more than enough material but I want to find songs that go together well rather than just plonking down everything I've written, so there's still quite a lot of work to do. I'm also building a new website which should hopefully be finished this month.
  • Creative stuff - following an extreme splurge at Hobbycraft in Crawley, and taking advantage of the world cup, I challenged myself to make 100 items - cards or jewellery. The cards are for sale on Etsy in sets of five - there's quite a good range for different occasions. Just this week I've started working on Christmas cards, which seems early but in order to produce enough to sell in time for people to write and send them... now is definitely the time! Here's a picture of the card army invading my desk:
  • Study: I'm still working towards the seemingly never-ending series of exams required to upgrade my CAT qualification to an ACCA one. Latest textbook arrived this morning - it's hard to imagine something more opposite to songs and cards than accountancy, especially Tax, of all things!

I think that's it at the moment but I WILL be back to update as things develop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home